My Thoughts about pedal FXs

Since a very long time I own the pictured pedals and now plan to get a few more to eventually circuit-bend them.

BOSS Pedals

Back in the nineties, during my livesets, I used them to pimp a bit the audio output of my Amiga computer and they worked great, apart from a unbelievable background noise!

I see now a lot of interest about these old-school distortion pedals, BOSS or any other brand. This is maybe for these very strong points:


  • They are cheap and sometimes even free, as lot of people get rid of them easily

  • They are modular

  • They can be Circuit-bent

  • They are analog

  • There are many of them, of many brands and many different effects

  • They sound harsh, very good for industrial music


Plus there are many already circuit-bent units for sell on the net or E-bay.

So my opinion is that this machines will have a new life since they can be described as the analog plug-ins for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment